Storm and Fire Season … Are you and your generator ready?
The storm season is upon us … don’t get caught without power.
It is time to make sure your generator is working or make the decision to buy a generator. With summer storms and fires, you never know when you are going to have no lose power and having a generator is the best way to ensure you can keep the necessities of your house running.
Generator maintenance is key in making sure your generator starts when you need it … you can’t expect to have it sitting in the garage for 12 months and to start straight away. You need to start it once a month and run it for a while.
It is also ideal to have service spare parts with your generator, as they can be difficult to obtain quickly when needed.
What you need to do now….
- Get your generator out and make sure the engine will start and the generator is producing power.
- Make sure that you know the total output of your generator and do not overload it.
- Obtain service spare parts (oil, filters and spark plug/s) to have, so you don’t have to race out and try to and find them in an emergency. Most engine manufactures void your warranty if you don’t use their genuine engine parts, is its best to use genuine service parts.
- Fuel stabiliser can prolong the life of the fuel from 3 months to 12 months.
- Service kits including fuel stabiliser can be obtained for your Powerlite generator from Powerlite, check our website for details.
- Ensure you start your generator once a month and that it is producing power.
So be prepared and stay safe this summer season.