Terms & Conditions of Sale
- Prices are inclusive of GST.
- Prices on the Powerlite Generators website are current at date of issue and are subject to change without notice.
- The validity of any quote given by Powerlite Generators will be 14 calendar days unless stated otherwise on the quotation and are subject to exchange rate fluctuation. We reserve the right to withdraw quotations in writing before the end of the validity period.
Special Product Build
- Any special build generators, which are not standard products and are built for specific customer order or specification, are not eligible for return.
- Special orders are not subject to cancellation or deferment and are to be considered as absolutely firm orders.
- Freight is based on the postcode given at checkout. Any changes in postcode could result in the freight charges increasing.
- When goods are delivered they must be signed for and if no one is there to sign for the goods a redelivery fee will be charge.
- Some products require a forklift for goods to be removed off delivery trucks
- Tile of goods remain with Powerlite Generators until the full purchase price is received by Powerlite Generators.
- Payment of goods are to be made at the time of sale and can be made via credit card and direct deposit.
- All payments must be made in Australian currency.
- Goods cannot be despatch until full payment has been received.
- Risk on the deliverables passed to you immediately on Delivery. We will not be liable on any basis whatsoever for any loss or damage to the deliverables occurring after delivery.
- Insurance is the buyers responsibility unless otherwise arranged with Powerlite Generators in writing before dispatch of goods.
Incorrectly Supplied, Missing or Damaged Goods
- Powerlite must be notified, in writing, within three (3) working days of delivery of any goods incorrectly supplied so that prompt replacement with correct products can be arranged.
- All deliveries should be inspected for missing or damaged goods before the buyer signs for the goods. Missing or damaged goods should be noted on the consignment note. Any claims for missing goods or for products supplied in damaged condition must be reported to Powerlite Generators, in writing, within (3) working days for the claim to be considered. N.B. Our terms are ex works. Claims for damage in transit will not be considered.
Goods Return for Credit
- Powerlite is not obliged to accept the return of any goods for credit.
- The buyer is responsible for the cost of the return freight to Powerlite.
- Products returned for credit must be in original packaging, unsoiled, undamaged and in a resalable condition.
- All goods returned for credit will be subject to a restocking & repacking fee of 20%.
- All credit claims requested should be sent to the ‘Production Manager’ either via email on email@example.com or fax on 02 9912 5001, along with a reason for the goods being returned. You will also need to supply details of the product/s being returned and the invoice number/s.
- The claim or request will be recorded by Powerlite, which we will then email you a copy of our Goods Return Authorisation (GRA) form, which needs to be returned with the goods along with a copy of the appropriate invoice/s, within 14 days of the date of the GRA.
- Granting of a GRA number does not mean a credit will follow, as the goods have to be inspected.
- All products manufactured to order are non returnable.
- All product/s specially purchased in via indent are non returnable.
Powerlite Generators warrants all products to be free of defects in workmanship or material for the following:
Powerlite Portable Generators 24 months JO-EL Goliath Worklights 12 months Powerlink Diesel Generators 12 months FME Inverter Generators 12 months Honda Inverter Generator 48 months domestic
12 months commercial
SMC Lighting Towers 12 months FG Wilson Diesel Generators 12 months Replacement Alternators 12 months Yamaha Inverter Generator 24 months Associated Products 12 months
Repairs will be completed free of charge at the premises of Powerlite Generators or free parts will be supplied ex works, Kings Park as required.
- Warranty period commences from date of original sale.
- In the event of any defect arising in or with the equipment supplied during the warranty period, such defect shall be repaired or replaced, subject to term and conditions.
- Warranty does not cover charges resulting from service(s) rendered outside normal business hours and / or mileage charged by dealers and / or approved service agents.
- Should the Powerlite product be returned to a dealer or service agent approved by Powerlite or directly to Powerlite by the owner for service or repair all freight and insurance charges must be prepaid by the owner. The owner must also provide a report together with a copy of the sales docket and a note indicating the possible defect or faulty operation of the product. The Powerlite product may be repaired, only on approval of Powerlite Generators, upon receipt of a quote supplied by the dealer or service agent. Failure to supply a quotation may result in the rejection of the warranty claim.
- Warranty on engines & alternators fitted to Powerlite products is the responsibility of the engine & alternator manufacture or their representative.
- Warranty on Honda and Yamaha Inverter Generators is the responsibility of the manufacturer or their representative.
- Any unauthorised modification/s to the product will automatically void any warranty.
- The warranty does not cover any Powerlite product that has been subject to misuse, abuse, neglect, accidental or intentional damage or any alteration which affects the reliability or performance of the Powerlite product not attributed to faulty manufacture, parts or labour and without limiting the generality of the forgoing shall not apply where the defect arose as a result of the following circumstances:
- Consumable or service items other than those approved by Powerlite are used.
- Any service work required has been by a person other than a service agent approved by Powerlite
- The Powerlite generator has been operated or maintained other than in accordance with normal practice for this type of equipment
- Warranty claims take into consideration that the user has followed the manufactures servicing and maintenance requirements. A well kept maintenance log is ideal for all maintenance, inspections, fluid levels and load test results.
- This warranty is the only warranty given by Powerlite or their dealers and all other warranties whether expressed or implied under the common law or by the statute which but for this clause apply to the supply of the Powerlite generator or other goods or services pursuant to this agreement and which are permitted by law to be excluded, are hereby expressly excluded.
- The customer further acknowledges that no promise representation or undertaking has been given by either Powerlite or their dealer in relation to the Powerlite generator other than contained in this warranty.
- Nothing contained in this warranty shall be read or applied so as to purport to exclude, restrict or modify or have the effect of excluding or modifying the application in relation to the supply of and goods or services pursuant to this agreement all or any provisions of part V of the Trade Practices Act 1974 or any relevant State Act or Territorial Ordinance which by law cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
- To the extent that any such act or ordinance permits Powerlite or the dealer to limit their respective liabilities to compensate or indemnify any person for breach of a condition or warranty implied thereby, then the respective liabilities of Powerlite and / or the dealer for such breaches shall be limited in the case of goods to the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Powerlite shall not be liable for delay in supply as agreed due to acts or omissions of third parties or by reason of industrial dispute, acts of war, delays in transportation, strikes, accidents or inability of Powerlite suppliers to deliver parts, components or finished products.
- Powerlite Generators may terminate the contract if buyer fails to comply with any of these conditions or other terms of agreement with Powerlite or commits an act of bankruptcy or (being a company) has a receiver appointed or goes into liquidation.