SMC MM-9M Lighting Tower
The MM-9M can go from a metro hire direct into mine hire without modification as it is MDG15 compliant in standard form.
The MM-9M has all the standard features of the TL-90 including compact size, 130 litre fuel tank, bunding, 9M 12 second deployment mast with 360º rotation, plus 4 x 1500W Metal Halide lamps and MDG15 compliance.
Compact design ensures that multiple units can be side loaded easily and transported together, therefore keeping project and transport costs to a minimum, ideal for those looking to hire equipment and for disaster recovery projects where lighting is needed urgently.
For OH&S reasons the mast cannot be raised without the hand brake being activated and will automatically descend should the hand brake be released meaning the SMC Lighting Tower cannot be moved intentionally or accidently with the mast raised.
Additional safety features include improved access for routine inspection and maintenance; emergency stop, LED dual voltage road lights and reflectors, and a mast deployment alarm and safety system.
Standard features include lockable battery isolator switch, PowerTilt Lamps that allow for a 45 degree lamp adjustment when in operation, Auto-run Timer Module that automatically starts and stops the engine then switches on or off the lamps in unattended operation situations, and Lamp Park Bracket which restricts lamp movement during transportation.
The compact SMC MM-9M Mine & Metro Lighting Tower offers the ultimate in on-site visibility and security. Four adjustable outriggers and wind down jack legs ensure maximum stability whilst its size helps to minimise transport costs.
Quit operation makes it suitable for sites where temporary site lighting is required making it the ideal lighting solution when 24 hour onsite lighting is required close to residential or populated areas. It is also user friendly in ease of site movement, transportation, operation and serviceability.
All SMC lighting towers including MM-9M can be configured to incorporate security cameras for additional onsite safety and GPS tracking.
With the ability to adapt to both mining and metropolitan environment the MM-9M Mine and Metro is set to be one of the most versatile machines of its type in the Australian market.Download the SMC MM-9M Lighting Tower Brochure
- Engine (diesel): Kubota 1105, 3 cylinder water cooled, 9.4kW at 1500rpm
- Oil Sump Capacity: 5.1 litres
- Hydraulic System: Bio-degradable oil
- Engine Emergency Stop System: Complete system shutdown & battery isolator
- Fuel Pump: 12v electric
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 130 litres
- Starting Battery / Alternator Amps: 70Ah 12 volts / 30Amps 12 volts
- Alternator: Mecc Alte LT3 160 4 poles, 230v, 50 Hz
- Continuous Power / Standby Power: 8 kW / 8.8 kW
- Power Outlets Sockets: 2 x 15 Amp, 230v IP56
- Mast – Maximum Height (metres): 9010mm, zinc plated
- Number of Sections: 9
- Mast Rotation: 360º
- Mast Raise / Lower Time: 12 / 18 seconds
- Mast Actuation: Hydraulic – 185 bar 12v power pack
- Lamp Specification: 4 x 1500W 230v metal halide
- Bunding: 120% engine liquid & fuel tank
- Dimensions Transport Mode (LxWxH): 2585 x 1450 x 2170mm
- Dimensions Fully Deployed (LxWxH): 2775 x 2800 x 9060mm
- Weight Fully Unfuelled / Fuelled: 1065kg / 1180kg
- Noise Level at 7 Metres: 61 dB(A) approx.
- Sound Power Level LwA: 86 dB(A)
- Enclosure Protection: IP23
- Stabilisers: 4 wind down
- Fork Pockets: Rear
- Lift Eye: Centre lift point
- Electric PowerTilt™Lamp Control: 12v 45º movement actuator
- Auto-run: Unassisted start / stop operation